Thursday, March 18, 2010

"I hate every form of capitalism!"

Image representing Etsy as depicted in CrunchBaseImage via CrunchBase

I've begun creating a comic zine called, "The Litterbox Chronicles." It's about cats, written by my cat, Jeff. It's 14 pages of cartoons, stories, fake ads, and grade school humour.

So, yesterday I was exploring the net looking at other zine authours layouts, when I came across someone's manifesto which read, "Because I hate every form of capitalism." She proceeded to describe how evil it is and demeans women. Really?

Anyway, my first and only response was - you're an idiot, and here's why - the authours actions speak otherwise.

How? She creates zines on crafting and sells them on Etsy for $20 - $40! That's capitalism, dear. Enjoying it? Yes. If you weren't, you wouldn't be participating in it. So why do you hate capitalism? Perhaps you haven't a clue as to what it is. Therefore, I present you with a clip from Wikipedia:

There is no consensus on the definition of capitalism...however there is little controversy that private ownership of the means of production, creation of goods or services for profit in a market, and prices and wages are elements of capitalism.

Feeling ridiculous yet?


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: