Tuesday, September 29, 2009

There's nothing innocent about obama

If you've been paying any attention to the media, schools have begun having their kids sing the praises of obama and make pledges to him.  If you've ever read "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich," you're probably saying something like, "Wow!  The students in Germany did the exact same thing for hitler!"  Yes, they did.

Now, obama wants the school year extended.  If you've ever read "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich," you're probably saying something like, "Wow! That sounds familiar!"   Yes, it does! 

Actually, the threat to extend the school year was taking place back when I was in junior high (early 70's).  I was sweating it out, hoping to escape before the scum could keep me in any longer than I wanted to be there.  lol  I seriously hated school. College was awesome.  But the 12 years out of my life the government took - hated every minute of it.

I'm not sure what was behind the threat for an extended school year back then, but it's not hard to miss the one that's pushing it now.  The obama administration is re-writing the textbooks.  History is being re-written to fit the liberal/marxist/commie agenda - call it what you want agenda.  Go back to the first paragraph.  Read it.  Read it again.  There's nothing innocent behind this latest move.  

Do you really believe keeping your kids in school longer will make them smarter?  Not hardly.  In fact, if you want to see the drop out rate increase by leaps and bounds -  make kids stay in longer.

If you want kids to know more - make learning exciting!  My history teacher knew how to bring history to life.  Our final grade depended on how well we did through the re-enactment of the Stock Market Crash of 1929.  It was a nightmare!  It was awesome! 

The problem today, is far too many teachers aren't interested in applying themselves to teaching any more than they have to.  It shows.  It's just like in sports.  If a team stinks - it's because the coach does.  With kids - if their learning isn't up to par - it's because the teachers suk.  If you want the kids to learn more - nail the teachers - not the students.



Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Chana @ Lemon Lime Moon said...

Pig Latin is too a foreign anguagelay.

Summer is too hot and humid for school.
Winter is too cold. I think kids should stay home personally.
I remember sitting staring out the window and wishing I could be playing outside rather than stuck in the school.
But, yeah, summer is way too hot for kids to be cooped up.

I just think kids need time off to play. It's as important as all that learnin'.

Yochana said...

LOL I daydreamed my way through school. It was my survival tool and hard as heck to stop once I got out. LOL

I was talking to my middle nephew (the super cool one) about the school system. He has his son in an x-tian school. Once he can't afford that, he's homeschooling. There's no way he's letting his kids in the public system.