Thursday, July 23, 2009

Give me liberty...

Todays speech tidbits come from Patrick Henry, most famous for his line "Give me liberty, or give me death." The "Give me liberty…" speech was made in March 1775. Though the speech was directed at the oppression of Britain, it's quite fitting towards the illegal alien occupying the White House and his cronies, who like himself, hate the Constitution and are slowly taking our freedoms away one by one. So, Henry's speech, like Paine's, is quite appropriate.

With that said - here we go:

 
 

"If we wish to be free…we must fight! I repeat it, sir, we must fight!

…The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave...There is no retreat but in submission and slavery. Our chains are forged! Their clanking may be heard on the plains of Boston! The war is inevitable - and let it come!

It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry peace, peace - but there is no peace. The war is actually begun!

…Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty G-d! I know not what course others may take - but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"

 
 

No comments: