Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Confessions of a terrorist.

Those of us who were born in 1960 really had the best of both worlds.  We not only grew up on the 60's music, but we had the 50's as well!

All kinds of cool things were going on!  Outside of Rutland, where I grew up, got electricity in 1962!


  There were still lots of one room school houses!  My first grade teacher taught at one!  She was evil.  She could hit a student in the back of the room with a book while standing behind her desk.  People didn't sue back then and the principal could whack your butt with a wooden paddle with holes in it.

Aside from all the stuff you find listed in various emails about the 60's, there were things to get involved in!  Like the fight for black and other minority rights!  Me being Jewish and my two best friends being black, meant our lives were filled with adventure...mainly getting beaten up and beating up everyone else.

Our principal told the parents that we kids were allowed to work out the situation any way we felt we needed - we solved everything with fists - it worked.  By 6th grade - no one would touch us and we all became friends.  :)

In the early 80's, there was the fight to get El Salvadoran refuges to safety in Canada.  It was exciting, and in the end - my spanish still stunk.

Late 80's, there was Operation Rescue in Atlanta!  It was the biggest thing I'd been a part of since the 60's school war, a.k.a. Battle of the Fists.




Operation Rescue in Atlanta lived in the headlines.  Many of us were arrested (nope, I got cheated out of that one) outside of abortion clinics for trying to save the lives of innocent babies and the sanity of those carrying them.

Those who couldn't participate would drive by after work and pass out food and drinks to us protesters.  It was a welcome relief in the Georgia heat.

We saw women change their minds about having an abortion and a few would join in the protest.

We saw girls crying as their parents literally dragged them into the building to murder their grandchild.

We saw policemen say they were against abortion, but they had a job to do.  We saw other policemen refuse to arrest protesters because they put ethics above their job.  They suffered for it, but didn't care. 

We were the enemies, because we were trying to prevent the murder of the innocent.  The doctor's murdering the children were the heroes.  They were to be admired because in spite of our protests, they continued to murder children behind closed doors.

Now Homeland Security is calling us terrorists for protecting these babies.  Obviously, the definition of terrorist has changed. 

But who cares?  Today, there are a lot of adults who would not exist if we hadn't been there to stop them from being murdered when they were babies.  Peoples lives are constantly being saved by others who are still doing the job and were doing the job long before OR.

I'm also a terrorist because I'm a staunch conservative and believe in the Constitution, especially amendments 1, 2, and 10.  I'm a gun owner and shoot at trespassers when necessary.  It's the foothills of the Appalachians - it's what we do.


Sadly, I'm not a veteran.  Arthritis kept me out of the Air Force.  But, I'm sure because I come from a long line of veterans - I'm considered a terrorist because of it.  :)

I'm proud to be a terrorist and so long as I breathe - I will remain an active one.  The marxist scum in the government will make sure I remain active and I don't intend to disappoint them.

I raise my cuppa tea to my fellow terrorists!  Long live the rebels!



Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Chana @ Lemon Lime Moon said...

Well t hings just keep getting worse and worse and twisted around more than ever.
It's tiresome at best.

Yochana said...

I've never seen anyone be able to cause so much damage in such a short period of time.

It's a pity he's not into inflicting pain on himself. I'd cheer him on.