Sunday, November 1, 2009

Long lines at the checkout

Halloween just ended last night and folks are already shopping for Turkey Day and picking up on the great deals on discounts for the halloween candy that wasn't sold. For the next couple months, the lines at Walmart will become increasingly annoy. Unlike in previous years around here, all the registers would be open to handle the flow, but in order to save money - it's not happening yet. So, take a chair and your TV and enjoy the wait.

So what motivated me to whine? This morning I was reading some posts on the net and someone who has had a relentless battle with headaches said she couldn't get into the doc until January 20. That's a freaking long time when you're suffering from headaches. So, I'm reading through the comments and one person said that the waiting time should be shorter when obamacare kicks in. My first response was, "You're an idiot." My second and third were the same as the first.

Look back at the first paragraph. A shortage of registers equals long lines. It's simple math. Now fast forward to obamacare. At the moment, there's a shortage of doctors. It's only going to get worse because lots of doctors are planning early retirements. Students in med school are dropping out, because it's just not worth it when they look at the future of what obamacare will do to the medical field.

If we use the same simple math that we used for Walmart - lack of registers equals long lines, which means LONGER waiting times. Lack of doctors, an influx of patients does what? It equals longer lines and longer waiting times. Sorry folks. It's not rocket science. I know you extreme liberals out there believe 1 + 1 = anything you want it to equal, but math is math it doesn't change.





4 comments:

Chana @ Lemon Lime Moon said...

It will increase the wait and then you will get the doctor they send you to, not one you want.

Did you hear about the estimated 70,000 Pakistani doctors in the US who are not real doctors?

Yochana said...

Geesh. No. I didn't hear about that one, but it doesn't surprise me.

Makes me glad I don't go to foreign doctors, well, unless they're Korean, Chinese or Japanese. Don't tell me they're fake. It'd break me wee heart. : )

Chana @ Lemon Lime Moon said...

Okay, I won't tell you.

Yochana said...

i shiver.