Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Big brother already knows

(This post is inspired because of people worried about the government having access to your bank account and being able to remove money from it.)

After four strokes, I'm on disability. I also receive food stamps because my disability is so low. With that established, I can tell you for a fact that the government already has access to your checking account. They know your balance. They know everything you buy, unless you pay with cash.

How do I know that for certain? Because once a year I go in for a re-evaluation on food stamps. They need to know if I've made enough money from AVON and any other sideline things to make a reduction in my food stamps. Every year I have to give a copy of my bank account balance. And every year Knight and I have the same conversation:

ME: "Come on. You and I both know the gov already know what's in my checking. They know everything I buy, etc. Why do we have to bother with it every year?"

KNIGHT: "Yes, they do. However, our department isn't allowed access to your account."

ME: "Ok. Here ya go. Just wanted to make sure things were still the same."

So, there you have it. If anyone in the Senate or Congress or the one occupying the White House tell you otherwise, they are lying through their teeth.

2 comments:

Chana @ Lemon Lime Moon said...

They can garnish your income.If they decide to audit you, they can do even more.

Yochana said...

Yip! They sure can. Makes you want to store your money in a box under the outhouse. : )